Terms and Conditions: Meet David Walliams Competition 27 June - 2 July 2018
These terms and conditions relate to the competition: Meet David Walliams at the Edinburgh International Book Festival.
1. This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (“HarperCollins”), The News Building, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF.
2. This promotion is open to all UK and Ireland residents except employees of HarperCollins (or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
3. If you are under 18, your parent/guardian (who is over 18) must enter on your behalf.
4. The competition opens at 1:00 p.m. BST on Wednesday 27 June. The closing date for entries is 9:00AM BST on Monday 2 July 2018. No entries received after this date will be accepted. No purchase necessary. Only one entry allowed per household.
5. One winner and their parent/guardian (who is over 18) will win:
a) A return trip (flight or train travel – depending on winner location) to Edinburgh for 2 people
b) One night’s stay in a central Edinburgh hotel including bed and breakfast in a twin room for 2 people.
c) High tea for two at a central Edinburgh location
d) Two tickets to David Walliams’ show on 23 August at the Edinburgh International Book Festival
e) One copy of Mr Stink Anniversary Edition and one copy of Gangsta Granny Anniversary Edition by David Walliams
f) Transfers to and from the airport/train station
g) No additional expenses are paid for (eg. Mini Bar, or hotel restaurant).
6. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
7. No cash or prize alternatives are available.
8. HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
9. The winner of the competition will be drawn at random from all correct entries by an independent adjudicator and notified by email no later than Tuesday 3 July 2018.
10. The prize will be delivered to the winner on 23 August 2018
11. Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
12. HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
13. To obtain the name of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to Maya Benson, HarperCollins Children’s Books, The News Building, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF.
14. The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
15. By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
16. By entering this competition, you and your parent/guardian are agreeing that if you win your name and image may be used for the purpose of announcing the winner in any related publicity with HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
18. Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
19. HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
20. Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.